AAJA MediaWatch: Getting Noticed
- Deadspin: Jason Whitlock Says He “Debased A Feel-Good Sports Moment” Because Of His Mother And Richard Pryor [NB: accompanying photo slightly NSFW.]
- Inquistr: Jason Whitlock Apologizes For Small Penis Joke Made at Jeremy Lin
- Los Angeles Times: Fox Sports’ Jason Whitlock apologizes for Jeremy Lin tweet
- Orlando Sentinel: Fox columnist Jason Whitlock apologizes for Jeremy Lin tweet
- Sporting News: Jason Whitlock apologizes for offensive Jeremy Lin tweet
- USA Today: Columnist apologizes for racist Lin tweet; is that enough?
- Yahoo Sports: Jason Whitlock apologizes for his unfunny Jeremy Lin comment on Twitter
Plus, there were mentions on media industry blogs:
- FishbowlLA: Jason Whitlock Apologizes for Racist Tweet
- Jim Romenesko: Jason Whitlock apologizes for Lin tweet
- Richard Prince’s Journal-isms: Whitlock “Truly Sorry” for Tweet About Asian NBA Player
Kaimen, a communications and business consulting firm, even turned AAJA’s work into a case study on PR.
Possibly my favorite person to have taken note, though, was playwright David Henry Hwang:
“The couple-inches-of-pain tweet overshadowed my sincere celebration of [Jeremy] Lin’s performance and the irony that the stereotype applies to pot-bellied, overweight male sports writers, too.”
Jason Whitlock and Jeremy Lin
Updated on Feb. 12:
Hours after AAJA’s call for an apology, Whitlock did say he is sorry.
ColoradoDenver President Joe Nguyen pointed out: So, this happened …
Some lucky lady in NYC is gonna feel a couple inches of pain tonight.— Jason Whitlock (@WhitlockJason) February 11, 2012